At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our employees, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
We have several medical plan options for 2018, all administered by Innovation Health, a health insurance company formed through a partnership between Inova and Aetna.
- Innovation Health Preferred Provider Organization PPO1 Plan
- Innovation Health HSA High Deductible Plan or Outside NOVA HSA HDP
When you choose a Primary Care Physician in the Signature Partners (SP) physician network, which includes Inova Medical Group (IMG) physicians and is affiliated with the Innovation Health plans, you will have lower copays and seamless access to Inova’s award-winning hospitals, leading facilities, community outreach programs, events and resources
All Innovation Health medical plans cover in-network preventive care, per health care reform guidelines, at 100 percent. Copays and deductibles do not apply.
Inova provides two dental plan options to cover the dental health of our employees and their dependents.
- Aetna Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO) plan
- Aetna High plan
There are no waiting periods for periodontal and orthodontic services and dental work in progress.
If you enroll in any Inova medical plan, core vision coverage is available at no additional cost. You can also choose to purchase additional vision coverage by enrolling in a Vision Buy-Up or a Vision Buy-Up Plus plan.
Inova is proud to invest in the livelihood of our employees, now and into the future with our comprehensive retirement benefits plans including our 401(k) and 403(b).
- The Inova Match: When you participate in the 401(k) Plan, Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5 percent of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan.
- 100% Vested! You are 100 percent vested in your contributions at all times. You must work for Inova for three years to be 100 percent vested in the Inova matching contribution.
- No Waiting Period: You are eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan has soon as you are hired.
Paid Time Off
Inova knows that our success really depends on the happiness and fulfillment of our people. Our Paid Time Off (PTO) program provides a streamlined approach to managing scheduled and unscheduled time off. It offers flexibility, allowing you to have more control over how your time off will be used.
Through our PTO program, eligible employees earn a pool of hours that can be used for time away from work — whether it’s for vacation, holidays, personal time or incidental sick time.
Eligible employees begin to accrue PTO hours on their very first day of work.
We recognize the importance of encouraging you to pursue educational programs that can enhance your performance in your current job or prepare you for specific positions at Inova. That’s why Inova has partnered with Edcor Data Services, a leading provider of managed tuition benefits services, to provide a comprehensive web-based resource for managing educational assistance programs.
- Receive up to $5,250 for covered expenses
- Save on tuition charges, application fees and more through our partnerships with over 100 universities.
- Additional scholarships are available based on your degree
Several types of financial accounts can help you save through pre-tax contributions and pay for eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses.
Bright Horizons Child Care & Back-Up Child Care
Inova partners with Bright Horizons® to offer our employees center based back-up care when their regular child care is unavailable.
Bright Horizons Child Care Centers are located throughout the area, including at the following Inova work sites:
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Student Loan Refinancing
- Inova employees may qualify for a $300 Welcome Bonus!
Life and Disability Insurance
Inova's life and disability insurance plans offer additional security and stability in times of uncertainty. With several options available, staff can select plans for themselves and their spouses and children.
- Basic Life Insurance: Coverage for full-time employees is 1x annual salary up to $500,000. Coverage for part-time employees is 1/2x annual salary up to $50,000.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Full-time employees may purchase coverage for up to 8x their annual salary for a combined basic and supplemental maximum of $1,500,000. Part-time employees may purchase coverage for up to 8x their annual salary for a combined basic and supplemental maximum of $300,000.
- Dependent Life Insurance - Children: Children up to age 19 are eligible for Dependent Life Insurance. Children between ages 19 and 26 are eligible if they are unmarried and wholly dependent on you for support and maintenance.
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability: Basic coverage is free for all eligible employees. Employees may purchase additional Long Term Disability.
Employee Discount Program
Our Employee Discount Program provides you with discounts and perks from top national retailers, online stores and local shops for a variety of products and services. Employees may now receive a 10% discount off tuition at Chesterbrook Academy.
Inova has partnered with WageWorks to make taking mass transportation easy, convenient and within budget. Multiple benefit options, including home delivery of transit passes, reloadable Smart cards and other payment choices, provide built-in savings that can reduce the cost of your commute!
Free parking is available to our employees at all locations. Employees at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, Cambridge Court, and Telestar locations are able to take advantage of a free shuttle providing access to the Dunn Loring metro station.
Many voluntary benefits are available to Inova employees and can help you save money on everything from auto insurance to pet care. Employees can also access professional services from upstanding associations networked across the country. Our additional benefits include:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Auto/Home Insurance