Inova team members: Welcome to the new and improved Referral Program.
Your contributions as a valued team member are helping make Inova a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, and we believe your friends and associates would only add to Inova’s success. We want to empower you to refer qualified healthcare professionals in your network and get rewarded!
We have improved the technology that supports the referral process, revamped the evaluation criteria for positions listed as “hot jobs”, chosen new tier incentive amounts based on agency costs, and implemented a sustained campaign to increase awareness of the referral program.
How it works
The program features enhanced incentives of $500 to $10,000 effective September 19 for positions budgeted at 0.4 FTE and above.
There are four incentive tiers:
- HOT JOBS | Tier 1: $10,000
- OR, Cardiac, or Oncology RNs
- Clinical Director & Educator
- Histology Technicians
- Infection Preventionist
- Patient Safety Consultant
- Tier 2: $5,000
- Physical Therapists
- Case Management RNs
- Tier 3: $1,000
- All other experienced nurses
- Tier 4: $500
- All other vacant positions
Incentives will be paid in the team member’s regular paycheck once the referred party is hired and has been in the position for 90 days. See additional criteria below.
Every few months, look for our HOT JOBS email with information on the latest high priority openings and the incentives being offered. You can also bookmark this webpage and return here for the latest program updates.
How do I refer a friend or associate?
- Read through the program details on this page. Note that only external candidates may be referred (internal transfers are not eligible).
- Click the “Refer” button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the login page for BrassRing, our platform.
- Look for “Sign In” at page right. If you became an Inova team member in recent years, you should already have a BrassRing profile to log in with. If not, click “Don’t have an account yet?” to create a new profile. Team members must log in to make a referral.
- Once you are logged in, select “Job Search” and use the search features to locate a job. Click on the title to view the posting details, and select “Refer.”
- You will be asked to enter your name, email and Inova network user ID as the referring team member. Click “Save.” Your responses will be saved for future referrals.
- Next, choose your referral method:
- Send to Facebook contacts
- Send via email
- Upload résumé (i.e., the résumé of the party you are referring)
- Check your email inbox for an automated acknowledgement of your referral.
- All done! Now the candidate you referred can apply via the link on Facebook or in the email they received.
What criteria determine a referring team member’s eligibility to receive an incentive?
- The position is full or part-time status. The part-time status must be at a minimum a 0.4 FTE (PRN requisitions are not eligible for referral incentives).
- Both the referring team member and the newly hired team member must be actively employed by Inova 90 days after the new hire’s start date.
- The referral incentive amount varies by position. Incentive amounts are posted on the Inova internet site (www.inovacareers.org/refer).
- Incentive amounts are not pro-rated for part time roles
- The referral incentive amount for a position is established at the time an application is submitted.
- The team member must refer the candidate through the Inova Career Center.
- The candidate must apply in Inova Career Center using the referral link provided by the team member generated from the referral program system.
- If multiple team members refer the same candidate, the team member whose referral link was used first to submit the application will receive the incentive.
- A referred candidate must accept the offer within six monthsof the application submission date.
- A requisition filled by an internal candidate for a transfer or promotion is not eligible for a referral incentive.
Special Sign On Bonuses & Relocation Programs
Critical Care Nursing
Registered Nurses with at least two years of Critical Care RN experience are eligible to receive a $20,000 or $15,000 sign on incentive. You choose the amount based on the employment commitment you want to make (with a 3 year = $20K, 2 year = $15K). Your Critical Care RN experience must be within the same specialty area you are hired into. Those entering fellowship programs are not eligible. Accepting the incentive requires signing an employment agreement for three or two years.
Surgical Technicians II with at least two years of surgical tech experience are eligible to receive a $10,000 sign on incentive. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive up to $10,000 in relocation assistance. Accepting the incentive requires signing an employment agreement for one year.