NEW Finance Career Opportunities
Click on the titles below to learn more about our most recent openings.
The Inova Systems Headquarters in Falls Church, VA is seeking a Manager of Accounting.
- Responsible for the consolidation and preparation of monthly internal financial statement packages for executive management, governing boards, executive committees and other users.
- Reviews operating unit and consolidating financial statements for adherence to internal financial and accounting guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This review process includes investigating and resolving unusual financial activities and or transactions.
- Primary contact responsible for in depth research of various complex GAAP issues and proposed resolution to management on applicable accounting treatment, impact to Inova, etc. Directs external audit process on a system-wide basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the consolidated audited financial statements and related employee benefits plans. Prepares/reviews audit work papers for areas of responsibility. Prepares quarterly Obligated Group financial statements and management discussion and analysis for investor community.
- Responsible for periodic review of financial position to ensure compliance with bond covenants. Assists in the establishment, implementation, and adherence to appropriate internal controls, GAAP, and Inova policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of complex accounting activities that will assist in the maintenance of accounting operations.
- Coordinates and facilitates the set up or shut down of subsidiaries. Knowledge of accounting for discontinued operations, joint ventures, business combinations and other affiliations.
- Manages three professionals, including appropriate career development and timely review processes.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides support during monthly closing cycle as required.
- Completes projects within the specified deadlines.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, employees and corporate financial records.
- A minimum of 6 years in Accounting/Financial Management; 3 years supervisory "Big 4" public accounting experience preferred; healthcare financial management experience preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or CPA with 10 years of related finance/accounting experience
- Certificate/License: CPA required unless MBA or previous experience extensive
- Special Skills: Strong technical accounting skills, strong written/oral communication skills, strong time-management/organizational skills plus, Excel, Word, computerized financial systems Lawson general ledger and sub-systems preferred; Hyperion experience preferred
The Inova Systems Headquarters in Falls Church, VA is seeking an AP P Card Administrator.
Responsible for P-Card administration, monitoring and maintaining P-Card accounts as per Inova's policy. Performs P-Card reporting, analytics and communication to card holders and management. Conducts P-Card training and provides ongoing P-Card user education and instructions. Ensures compliance and accountability of cardholders through 100% audits of Inova P-Card activity.
- Experience in administering a P-Card program for MIO-large organization.
- Prefer 3 or more years administration of P-Card Program and customer service reporting requirements.
- Experience with Lawson Financial system or similar AP systems and Document Imaging Systems.
- High school diploma and some college in the field of Business or Accounting; or 2-3 years of AP experience in lieu of college.
- AA degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Excellent effective communication skills. Strong decision making skills and computer skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle a large volume of documentation.
- Responsible for exhibiting customer service excellence to the customer at all times.
- Ability to handle a large volume of documentation and analytical exposure.
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Use of Document Management Systems preferred.
Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking an Finance Manager.
Directs complex analyses and analytical processes among staff, including managing multiple projects simultaneously. This role is expected to have significant experience in, and effectively directs, the multi-faceted operations of the Accounting Department, including oversight of posting transactions, producing reports, and completing reconciliations. Responsible for effective management of personnel.
- 6 years in Accounting/Financial Management
- 3 years Supervisory Accounting/Financial Management
- Public accounting experience preferred; healthcare financial management experience desired
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA, CPA required OR previous extensive experience in hospital finance/accounting
- CPA required unless MBA or previous extensive experience in hospital finance/accounting
- FHFMA preferred
- Lawson general ledger and sub-systems preferred
- Hyperion experience preferred
The Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI) is leading the transformation of healthcare into personalized medicine using technological innovation, pioneering research, and sophisticated information management. The work of ITMI is enabling Inova to translate advances from genomics and molecular sciences directly to patients, optimizing individual health and well-being. ITMI is located on the campus of Inova Fairfax Hospital.
We are looking for a financial analyst who is comfortable with accrual accounting, invoicing, and budget tracking. Creates and performs analysis on financial and operational data. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate and maintain the proper level of data integrity within the data warehouses of all available financial information systems. Demonstrates computer proficiency with all System financial information systems including core transaction systems, decision support system (Trendstar) and PC Financial Application tools to complete internal and external work products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting
- Two years of experience
Inova Health System is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team.
The Payroll Manager:
Manages centralized payroll operations for 24/7 hospital system operation. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll regulations. Develops management and staff. Maintains payroll data integrity and provides payroll information to management as required.
- 5 - 8 years payroll experience to include 3 - 5 years management experience. Prefer 8 - 10 years payroll experience combined with 5 - 8 years progressive management experience
- Associates in Finance, Accounting, or HR or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree. Prefer BS in Finance/Accounting, or HR
- CPP Certification a plus
- 5 years experience with Lawson, Payroll, and Kronos. Analytical and project management skills.
Inova Health System is hiring a Payroll Representative located at the Inova headquarters office in Falls Church, Virginia.
As part of the payroll team, this position is responsible for processing accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll for 18k+ employees. Candidate is required to have 2 - 3 years of experience in payroll with a core understanding of processes and best practices. Should be detailed oriented with a proven work experience in the payroll field. Preferred experience and understanding of Kronos timekeeping system and Lawson payroll system as well as exposure to healthcare environment and knowledge of FLSA and IRS regulations are a plus. Responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring accuracy of timecards with each pay period for an assigned group of staff, process hours/wage adjustments and current pay period transactions in Lawson, and the ability to work with all levels of management across all departments in regards to employee time/pay records.
- 2-3 years payroll experience. Prefer experience in a healthcare environment, Working knowledge of FLSA & IRS guidelines as it relates to pay issues.
- High school diploma required, some post secondary education in finance or accounting beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Prefer Certified Payroll Professional certificate (CPP) and/or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Proficient computer skills to include working knowledge of windows based PC, Excel, Word & database navigation. Proficient use of 10-key calculator.
Your future is waiting.
Inova's extensive healthcare network provides care to millions throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Finance professionals are crucial to Inova's continued success and commitment to excellence in patient care, education and research.
Submit your information to take the next step in your finance career.
By submitting this form you are joining the Inova Talent Network and may be contacted regarding career opportunities fitting your professional background. This form is not an application for employment. Click here to view the full list of current job openings.